Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Mexico



We left last week for a trip to Mexico from Shauns work. Wearing lighter weather clothing and hauling giant suitcases that juuuust made the weight limit was our Thursday morning. We just got back Sunday evening and the emails, phone calls, bakery orders and wedding to do list is already growing. Not to mention a couple etsy orders, unpacking, doing laundry and doing my regular cleaning that I put off last week because we were leaving.

 Mexico was such a welcome respite from the bitter February winter, the sunshine beaming down 80* temperatures, drinking slushy coconut drinks out of a coconut on the beach and dancing and downing way more tequila than I will ever do again most likely. I had a ton of fun but I am so happy to be home. It may be grey and dreary here as I type this, but I've got my Bear and I can drink water whenever I want, it's good to be home!


Because of the water situation, I basically lived on a liquid mojito/piña colada diet the entirety of my stay


I was totally in love with the bright pastel buildings, blue, pink, green, purple, teal, they were such a cheery sight to wake up to after leaving the blustery freezing cold grey of Baltimore.

Here is my pale, pasty self trying to blend in with the local foliage. You can tell who is a tourist by how pale and sad they look.



Shaun was way better at volleyball than me.

and way better than I expected. Way to go, babe! 





They had a lot of these cute little guys running around the resort. I tried catching one in a tequila-addled stumble but they are pretty quick.

baby lizard! 

speaking of drinking....we dared Said to climb a coconut tree and he did. 3 times! Funniest moment of the night for sure.

one of my favorite buildings.




I was worried that I had been a little overzealous in my packing for warm weather, but the sunshine was absolute perfection. It was beautiful every single day we were there! 



after one of our more exertive nights of drinking and dancing, a few of us got massages on the beach. I will admit to falling a sleep a couple times during the massage, it was a pretty great idea.



The water was a good temperature, although I think my body was still adjusting to not being in 3 layers so I only got in for a little bit. 






On our last day we decided to go downtown and do some shopping. There was this incredible little leather store that had these beautiful bags in all of these brilliant colors and styles. The entire place smelled so great, I didn't want to leave.

I ended up getting a hardy little tooled leather bag. Although looking back on these pictures I sincerely regret not buying one of every thing.







Shaun looks super grumpy and totally over it in this picture, but really he just turned around and got caught off guard when I was taking a picture of this awesome building. 

see?



My favorite part of the shopping trip was probably getting a giant double scoop of Häagen-Dazs ice cream. 

perfection!

And a few grainy iPhone pictures because they are just too fun and hilarious not to share

This was from our zip lining and amphibious vehicles through the caves trip.

My crazy Tracy and Jess! 
Another "Craig and I reppin Bmore" selfie!
lovin on my boo!
Beach cocktail hour with Luke and Ashley
This is the night I was apparently possessed by the ghost of Miley Cyrus. I'm guessing there are actually far worse photos out there on someones phone, it was a long night.
me and a dinosaur hanging out after zip lining over the jungle
Shaun took everyone from the store out to dinner at Casa Del Agua, great dinner, great company. 
My love.
Again, there are probably far worse pictures out there, I'm not sure what this dance move is called, but next to AJs dad any dance moves I could put out were obviously put to shame.


Although I did have a pretty legitimate meltdown about missing Bear, drank way more than my liver should be able to handle and probably annoyed every cab driver in Cancun with me "tienes Beyonce?" every time we went anywhere  (shoutout to my boy, Arturo for trying to find me Beyonce on the radio), Mexico was a ton of fun and definitely a much needed respite from the stress and cold of February.  Now that I'm back home, I'm ready to tackle all of my to do lists, return phone calls and emails and get things scheduled. Right after all of my Bear snuggles of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment