Monday, September 22, 2014

Apartment Makeover: Luda's relaxed bohemian pad

It's been a little hectic here over the past couple weeks, community yard sales, large cupcake orders, trips to North Carolina and this weekend Bears little cousin, Goliath is staying with us. Blogging has sort of taken a backseat to life and cleaning and packing and driving so I wanted to get this in before I forgot.

You may remember my lovely gal pal, Luda from my white sangria post. Luda is the type of person who you instantly gain cool points for just being around her. She has this awesome creative and alternative style that I love and only wish I could express more!

Luda recently got a new apartment down the way in Fairfax and she has so graciously asked me to help he decorate her pad! I am beyond flattered that she asked me and I cannot wait to show you what we are working with!

I am totally in love with the space she is working with:

This is the view when you walk in right at the front door, straight ahead to the left leads to the door out to the patio as well as the dining room. To the right is the kitchen with an awesomely huge breakfast bar as well as a coat closet and the 2nd bedroom.





view from the doorway of the 2nd bedroom


view from the kitchen 


What I absolutely love about this space are a few things.

1.  I love the big wood-burning fireplace. First of all, you can never find a wood-burning fireplace in places anymore because of all the stupid codes so this was a gorgeous option.

2. The engineered wood floors are wide planked, rustic and absolutely stunning!

3. The large windows with low sills overlooking a green space is such a wonderful detail that most apartments don't have.

4. Modern updates-the whole apartment is updated quite nicely with granite and new fixtures. This is great because you only have so much decorating freedom with an apartment. It's not like we could rip out the counter or paint the cabinets but everything that is in place is already beautiful!

Luda wants to go with a meditative, peaceful, rustic vibe with a slight moroccan/bohemian inspired style. So I came up with this design board to channel some of the bohemian/eclectic vibes she was looking for:


The few absolutes that we are working with here are the gorgeous floors, the incredible rug and the sofa that she fell in love with. Other than that I'm thinking cozy blankets, some warm leather accessories, lanterns and candles with plants and blankets galore. That fireplace just screams cozy don't you think? 

I cannot wait to finish up the living room in Luda's place and show everyone! Apparently we are anticipating a cold, wet winter so I am happy she will have the perfect place to snuggle up, drink hot tea and maybe watch the snow fall! 

links


No comments:

Post a Comment