Monday, June 9, 2014

White Sangria!

It's still technically spring but the temperatures have been soaring the last few days. Of course it being northern Virginia we also had a day where it rained and dropped to the 60s but now it seems the warm weather is finally here to stay and summer is only just around the corner!

I'm already excited to do all sorts of infused waters and different variations of lemonade for everyone (especially with Bears 1st birthday coming up soon!) but I wanted to also make a white sangria that would be refreshing and fun for the adults as well!

I looked online for many variations of different recipes. Holy cannoli I didn't realize there were so many different ways you could make it! After much reading I decided to make my own adaptation of several different recipes. I think the citrus base for a lot of them is one of the most refreshing combinations but we have so many "pick your own" strawberry fields just down the street I knew I wanted to infuse the juicy red berries into this sweet sangria.












Recipe

2 bottles of dry white wine (I used this Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc because it was $5 at Wegmans!)
2 naval oranges
1 lemon
1 lime
1 container of strawberries (you won't use the whole thing but you can snack on them and make things with them later)
half cup of raspberries
half cup of blackberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 bottle of ginger ale

Directions:

Slice the 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, 1 of the oranges and the strawberries into your preferred shape and add to the bottom of your pitcher. Add the sugar and the berries. Pour the white wine over this. With the remaining lemon, lime and orange squeeze or juice the into the mixture. Take a large spoon and stir this up so the sugar dissolves.

Place in the refrigerator overnight or up to 3 days. Top off with ginger ale just before serving.

Now whip up a batch, invite some friends over and enjoy this gorgeous sunny day!

No comments:

Post a Comment