Monday, September 2, 2013

Around here Lately...

Around here lately we've had a lot of puppy snuggles, hurried and hushed cleaning while Bear naps, early morning and afternoon sunlight and last minute preparations for a spur of the moment surprise belated birthday/5th grade party for my little brochacho.

Lately, I've smelled of puppy breath and wet fur with grass stains on the bottom of my feet. We are soaking up the last bit of summer sun but anticipating Autumns arrival greatly.






What can I say? I'm totally in love with this little nugget. I swear each and every day he grows an inch bigger. I can see the adult dog in his face now and it's totally bittersweet. I can't wait for big Bear winter snuggles and walks, being able to relax with him and take him on car rides with him blissfully sticking his nose out the window. But my heart hurts as well knowing I won't be able to lift him up and hold him in my arms any more, he won't fit into my lap when he excitedly rushes back with the toy he just fetched to curl up on me and happily play.

Yep. The day will come when he won't be able to anxiously crawl over to me in the car and stick his little face on my chest, looking up into my face with those big brown eyes and let out a little baby whimper. Soon he will be a handsome dog and I will be even more proud of him than I am today. But please, let that time be slow in coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment