Thursday, February 7, 2013

Snapshots of a day: a snowy morning at the new house

The finale of house hunting came to a whirlwind of an end this month when we put an offer on the house and settled 2 weeks later. It's been a hectic January with a lot of stress, a lot of busy schedules and a lot of excitement.

The house hunt has lasted over a year and I am thrilled to see it come to an end. I don't think we could have picked a more perfect place or a more perfect time. Even though we don't have all of our furniture or even half of the rooms filled yet, I really look forward to the process of painting, designing and setting up all of the furniture and decor in the house. The 3 rooms I'm most excited about are the foyer, my craft room and the climbing wall I'm building in the basement : )

This first week at the house has been appropriately snowy and peaceful and really a great setting for a relaxing, yet busy first few days. Even with boxes everywhere, a lack of furniture and a proper dining room table, it has been full of great moments and quiet times of reflection. I can't wait to start painting!


























1. First sunrise at the new house
2. Meatwad trying to find his perfect lounging spot
3. boxes upon boxes
4. This is what lunch looks like when you have no pots and pans
5. Setting up kitchen things
6 and 7. Picking colors for the foyer. I think I'm going with "Icing on the Cake" by Benjamin Moore. The top one on the paint strip
8, 9, 10. A peaceful snowy day
11. I think Meatwad found his new spot
12. A hot cuppa coffee to help me unpack
13. Finally found some pans to make breakfast
14. Favorite thing about the fireplace is how it goes through to the outside so when we build a deck, we have an outdoor fireplace as well!
15, 16 and 17. someones sneaking up on you bunny!
18. I think he found his spot!


I'm hoping we get more snow soon, but I also won't complain when it warms up for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment